A pledge is your way of showing support towards the development of RIS projects including the games Star Citizen and Squadron 42. You can back the game through a number of pledge options.
Pledge options include:
- Game Packages of a ship, game install, and other assets
- Standalone Ships
- Ship Upgrades to enhance ships currently owned as standalone or in a game package
- and more...
When you pledge for any item on the store, the money is contributed towards the development of the game. You receive the items listed in the pledge, you will receive the items outlined in the pledge listing.
What do I need to play Star Citizen today?
To play Star Citizen, you need a Game Package and a computer that meets the requirements. These packages all contain a digital download of Star Citizen, a ship, and other assets and items. All game packages can be found in the store.
All requirements are displayed on the Download page.
I see there is insurance, starting money and other assets in my pledge - what are these?
Items such as insurance and starting credits will be attributed to your account and assets to provide options during alpha. Final starting options will be attributed when the game has finished development and is made live, to help you begin your journey. These assets vary depending on the level of package or ship you have pledged for.
These assets include the following:
- Insurance - coverage for your ships, modifications, and cargo. This includes Lifetime Insurance (LTI).
- UEC credits - in-game currency to be applied to your account when the game goes fully live.
- Ship - in-game asset to fly in the various modes supported in the game. You can upgrade the ship by purchasing upgrades.
- Star Citizen game manual - PDF or printed manual depending on your pledge. This guide will not be available until the game is closure to complete and released. Draft versions of the PDF may be available through alpha, beta, and final release.
- Flair - digital assets provided in-game to display in your hangar.
What is the difference between Warbond and other pledges?
Warbond pledges are available at a discount as they are available for cash only. You can use store credit and cash to purchase pledges without the Warbond name in the title. General pledges can be picked up using credits and discount coupons. You can see more about store credit in the guide Using Store Credit.
As Warbonds are already discounted pledges, coupons are ineligible to be used towards these. Warbond pledges can be bought back with Credit after a sale with the Warbond item is over.
Where is my starting money?
UEC and other items that are part of pledge packages are not attributed until the game has gone live. These items are to help you get off your space boots when you journey into the black in Star Citizen for the first time.
Any bonuses you receive prior to release are available for you to enjoy without using the future UEC to be awarded!
What are “Upgrades” and “Cross Chassis Upgrades” and how do they work?
The following information walks through the differences between upgrades and cross chassis upgrades:
- Upgrades change the model of ship to another variant of the same type. For example, you can purchase an upgrade to change the model of 300i to the 315p.
- Cross Chassis Upgrades (CCU) change your ship to another type completely. For example. you can purchase a cross chassis upgrade of 300i to M50. Cross Chassis upgrades are only released once both the ship you are upgrading to and from are flyable in Arena Commander and the ship you are upgrading to must be priced higher.
- Ship Upgrades and Cross Chassis Upgrades can be used together and can be used on multi-ship packages.
You can review upgrade options through the Ship Upgrades page.
If I apply an upgrade to a ship that contains LTI, will it carry over to the upgraded ship?
Yes. As long as the ship has or is in a package that includes Lifetime Insurance, when you upgrade the ship, it keeps the LTI. These include ship upgrades and cross chassis upgrades.
How do I reclaim an item for store credit?
When you reclaim, you receive the USD value of what you paid on the pledge. Be warned - Reclaiming is intended to be permanent. Certain pledges cannot be bought back. Be careful when making selections and give reclaims thought for pledges of the following:
- Limited pledges
- AMD package
- Discounted combo packs
- Pledges with physical items attached to them
Once these pledges have been reclaimed, they are permanently unavailable. During the Reclaim process, we warn you the process is permanent and other details.
Ready to reclaim? Here's how!
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click My Hangar.
- Find the pledge you want to exchange.
- Click the arrow on the bottom right corner of the pledge to show more options. Click Exchange for Store Credits.
- You may be prompted to enter your password. Enter the password and click Reclaim.
- The pledge is melted, applying the value to your account as Store Credit.
- The pledge is moved to your Buy Back Queue and all upgrades are stripped.
For more information on the Buy Back, see the Pledge Buy Back tool.
How do I unmelt or buy back a pledge?
You can repurchase your melted or reclaimed pledges through the Pledge Buy Back tool.
Be advised, you may not be able to purchase back all melted pledges.
Should I store CCU’s and pledges in the Buy-Back Queue? Can I buy back anything I melt?
While you can store Cross Chassis Upgrades and pledges melted in the buy back queue, we don't recommend it. Anything you own remains as-is in your hangar and account. However, anything melted and reclaimed is subject to change. If you reclaim a rare pledge, you may not be able to purchase it back if it was a limited run, limited in stock, or has physical items associated with it.
What are Buy Back Tokens?
You receive 1 token every 90 days. These tokens allow one pledge to be unmelted using store credits, typically once every quarter. For example:
- January 1 - Q1
- April 2 - Q2
- July 2 - Q3
- October 1 - Q4
Tokens are rewarded on the first business day on/after the listed date, with some leeway given due to unforeseen circumstances
They will only work on a single pledge and cannot stack.
What pledges are ineligible for the Buy Back tool?
Pledges that are ineligible for this tool are the AMD package, discounted combo packs, and pledges with physical items attached to them. Once these pledges have been reclaimed, they will be permanently unavailable.
Important! Discount codes don't work with the Buy Back tool!
Can the price of an item in the Buy Back Queue change?
When a pledge is reclaimed, it is intended to be permanent. The Buy Back system allows you to buy back a pledge you regret reclaiming. However, the price of a new pledge could change costing more or less when bought back. All buy back pledges will be presented with the latest prices, not the price you paid when first buying or reclaiming it.
If you use a discount coupon to purchase a pledge, then reclaim it, you get only the value you paid for the pledge.