Spectrum is the custom-made communications platform designed specifically for Star Citizen and it’s community of players.
It is a cutting-edge combination of our Forums, Live Chat and Organization System all in one place, and will ultimately serve as voice communications while playing Star Citizen.
You can view and search Spectrum anytime. To post, you must login with your RSI account.
Where can I view Spectrum?
For our initial launch of Spectrum, it will be available for use in web browsers on your computers and portable devices. The browser-based Spectrum is just the beginning of our rollout, as we intend to expand Spectrum not only into a dedicated mobile app, but the Star Citizen Launcher and the game itself, completely unifying the overall Star Citizen experience.
Will I be able to communicate with my Organizations through Spectrum?
Absolutely! The ability to communicate with your Org is an integral part of Spectrum.
In addition to accessing the new Star Citizen Forums and Live Chat lobbies, Spectrum also brings the addition of Organization-specific Forums and Live Chat as well. Within your private Org areas, you will have the ability to create your own lobbies, forum channels, roles and permissions.
Additionally, you and members of your Org will have access to rich chat, and eventually voice integration within the game.
How do I post topics in Spectrum?
We have many different forums to browse, read, and post in. Locate a forum that best fits your ideas and questions.
Here are some forums of note!
- Ask the Devs - Talk with the developers and designers of Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
- Game Ideas - Have a cool idea for a features, ship, mission, or more? Post them here! Our designers and developers check this forum for your feedback and thoughts.
- Tech Support - players helping players - If you have issues running your game or find odd issues, check this forum for help.
- Spectrum Feedback - If you have ideas, questions, or feedback on Spectum features, post here!
After you find a forum, click Create Thread to start a new topic. Please be aware of our forum guidelines.
How do I find topics on Spectrum?
We have a helpful search and an Advanced Search! Look for the search field in the top navigation bar.
As you search, topics matching the terms display. Click the Advanced Search option to search deeper and select what you search against.
In the Advanced Search, you can change your search terms, select what to search in, look for specific authors by Handle, and more! The results update on the page to open and read.
How do I edit my Spectrum settings?
Spectrum provides a link and access to modify your Citizen Dossier. This is your personal page.
- In Spectrum, click the Gear next to your account avatar.
- Select Spectrum Settings.
- You can modify settings for Spectrum through the page. These include:
- Notification settings
- Reactions and emojis
- Forum settings
How do I edit my profile or Dossier?
You have a personal page, or Citizen Dossier, with options including your avatar, title, and more! This information displays on your Citizen Dossier page. You can view your page at: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/HandleName
- To edit your personal page, click Spectrum Dossier. Or in your Account, click Profile.
- This opens your Profile settings. You can change the following settings:
- Avatar - image for the site
- Display Title - title earned through pledges or in-game
- Region (or State)
- Spoken Languages - add all languages you speak/write in
- Website - for your personal site
- Short Bio - quick overview of who you or your character is
- Signature - posts on your Spectrum posts and personal page
Is development done on Spectrum?
This is only the beginning! This first iteration of Spectrum has the features necessary to replace our existing Forum and Live Chat platforms, but Spectrum will continue to receive weekly update builds that not only address bugs but add new features to the platform.
We will continue to improve and expand the features and functionality of Spectrum alongside our games. We plan to support voice chat, in-game integration, and a variety of quality-of-life improvements over time.
You can help to make Spectrum better by reporting bugs through the Issue Council.
Is there voice chat in Spectrum?
Not yet! We are developing voice chat for a later release. We feel that once voice chat is launched, Spectrum’s integration within Star Citizen will make it the obvious choice for communicating with your friends both in and out of the game.