You can send, or gift, pledges you purchase for cash using a supported payment method to your friends with an RSI account!
- Want to have a friend join you in Star Citizen? Send them a friend referral and gift them a game package!
- Want to send a standalone ship to a friend on their birthday or for a holiday?
You can do that as a gift!
Can I send a gift? Gifting Restrictions!
- Any RSI account can gift pledges! But brand new accounts cannot start sending gifts immediately. You can start sending gifts after 30 days of the first purchase.
- Game packages, standalone ships, and other pledge store items may be gifted once. This is counted as once per item, not once per account.
- In effect, once an items has been gifted it will be ‘locked’ to the account on which it has been accepted. Items which have been purchased with store credit, either in full or in part, will never be giftable.
What you can't gift
The following items can never be giftable:
- Any pledge with a value over $1,000.00
- Orders with physical merchandise, like books or apparel
- Some subscriber rewards cannot be gifted. If you have an Imperator subscription, you will receive extra hangar flair that is giftable. Also subscriber flair bought through the subscriber page is giftable.
- Backer rewards from Kickstarter pledges are tied to your account
- Referral rewards are tied to your account
- Purchases made with partial or full Store Credit, UEC/Voyager Direct
How do I send a gift?
For a detailed walkthrough, see Gift a Ship or Game Package to a friend!
Authenticator Required! To send a gift to another account, you must have a Multi-Step/Two-Step Authenticator on your account. We support email and mobile app authenticators. For more information, see Protect your account with an Authenticator.
When can I gift a pledge?
If your RSI store account is over 30 days old, you can gift the pledge when the order completes.
If you just created your RSI account, you will have a 30-day "gifting lock out period". Until your account is 30 days old, you cannot send a ship, game package, or gift card.
My friend borrowed a ship, but can't send it back. Why?
Every pledge you send is "gift-once". When you gift a pledge, you are permanently giving it away! When the recipient claims their gift, it is locked to their account. You no longer have access to the gifted pledge, and you can never receive the pledge back.
Only gift pledges you intend to give away and never receive back.
Also, RSI cannot return, refund, or provide back any pledges you have gifted away. These items are considered owned by the friend that claimed the gifted pledges.
I receive the message ‘Pledge too valuable to gift’. Why?
Pledges valued above $1,000 cannot be gifted. If you want to send a large number of game packages and standalone ships, make smaller orders under $1,000 and gift those pledges.
I’ve been the victim of a fraudulent trade! What does this mean? Help!
If you purchased a fraudulent ship through the "grey market," we may remove it if part of a hacked or compromised account. Hackers tend to steal ships and pledges from accounts they hack, sell the pledges through a third party site ("grey market"), and gift those pledges when you purchase them.
RSI does not support or arbitrate disputes for purchases made through a third party site. If a ship or pledge was stolen during an account compromise, we return those ships and items to the original account owner.
You will need to arbitrate your disputes through the third party site or company you made the initial purchase.
Was your account hacked? We can help.
You may see a number of emails stating you have gifted away your pledges. If you did not gift those pledges, we can investigate your account for a compromise, or hacking. In the event of an account compromise, we investigate the access and issues.
If the account was compromised, we can return all stolen/gifted, melted/reclaimed, or sold ships, game packages, and other pledged items when restoring the account.
I have two accounts. Can I gift items to my other account, even though they appear to be not giftable? Can I merge my accounts?
We do not currently support merging accounts – even if the accounts are obviously yours.
You can definitely gift pledges between your accounts. These gifts still have the same gifting restrictions and rules as if gifting to a friend. If the pledge is giftable, you can send it to your second account and claim it.
IMPORTANT! When you gift to your other account, you will receive an email with a link for accepting the gift. Make sure to log into the account you want to accept the gift on BEFORE clicking the link.
I bought my friend a ship, but I can’t gift it. Why?
If you purchased the item using UEC, Voyager Direct, or Store Credit, you cannot gift these items. Also UEC/Voyager Direct items are never refundable.
I gifted a pledge to my friend, but they don't show as a Backer?
The Backer status is an award for players that have purchased a pledge, item, etc with cash using a payment method. Only players that have supported the game can receive this status.
If your friend only has the pledges you gifted, they do not receive the status. If they are looking for easy purchases to get the Backer status, they can buy a Subscription pass for a month or look into some ship skins!