The Star Citizen Delta Launcher is your entry point into all the released modules, which we'll be constantly expanding as we move toward the completed game.
The power of this new launcher is that it only pulls and installs the "delta" of files you need based on the latest downloaded manifest. The first time you install should be the longest. Every update and verify after should be shorter.
Prepare your system
We recommend the following requirements for installing and running the game:
- Windows 7 (64bit) with Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
- DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
- Quad Core CPU
- 16GB+ RAM
- SSD strongly recommended
- Drive should be NTFS formatted with at least 41 GB for the Delta Launcher and Star Citizen and at least 10GB (SSD) - 20GB (HDD) additional space for the pagefile
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5.2
- Ports opens for TCP 8000 - 8020 and UDP 64090 - 64110
For more information, see:
What do I need to install and play?
In order to enjoy Star Citizen today, you'll need a Game Package. All Game Packages contain a copy of Star Citizen and a ship.
You can also click any Fly Now button. This will open the game page and checks for a Game Package.
To verify you have a game package, visit the Download page.
If you do not have a game package, or reclaimed all packages, you will see the following screen. You can use the Buy Back tool to add back a game package, or you can click Get a Game Package and purchase a new one.
If you do have at least 1 game package, you should see it listed.
Check over the requirements for game play. We have updated these for the latest available version.
Ready? Time to download and install!
Install the Launcher
Once the download has finished, run the downloaded Launcher. We recommend installing to the default folder name (drive change is fine), an NTFS internal drive, SSD preferred.
Start the install of the launcher. A verification opens.
Select the drive/location for the installation. You can change just the drive letter or browse to a location. You can change just the drive letter or browse to a location.
IMPORTANT! Do not install to the root drive. Please create a folder or use the default folder name. For example, install to D:\Program Files not to D:\ (root).
If you have an existing, older LAUNCHER/PATCHER version, you may see a message. Click Yes to uninstall/replace.
During the new LAUNCHER/PATCHER install, if you have an existing, older GAME version, you may see a message. Click Yes to uninstall/replace.
A progress bar for installing the launcher displays.
- When complete, you should see the following screen. Click Finish for the Launcher to open.
Install the game
- After installing the Launcher, run it. Login with your Login ID and password.
- Opening the Star Citizen Launcher for the first time you will be prompted to log in. Enter your username (Login ID) and password.
- If you have an authenticator, enter the code and set the duration.
- Click Install to start the installation, if it does not start automatically.
- All installs and updates start with a downloaded manifest. This file is a compiled list of every file and asset for the version.
- Messages continue to display and update in this new progress bar, keeping you informed of what's happening with your install and update.
- When complete, you should see the following screen:
The game version is always displayed below the Launch Game button.
The Launcher version is displayed in the bottom right corner. The new Delta Launcher starts with 1.0.0 and updates according to the released version.
File location changes
The new Delta Launcher includes new files and locations.
- Game and Launcher: (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries
- USER folder: (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE
- log.log Launcher log: %appdata%\rsilauncher
- login.data generates new every time you run the Launcher to ensure it's always updated and synced.
New Launcher Settings
We added a new tab to quickly find and manage settings for your Launcher. These include options for throttled or slower networks, file verification, and more!
- Concurrent downloads: Set the number of concurrent connections for downloading files, data connections to the servers, etc. This setting basically helps safeguard your router by limiting the amount of connections, helpful for older network equipment and ISPs that may throttle large downloads.
- Download speed limit: Cap the speed of downloads by restricting how much data per second is downloaded per each "concurrent download" connection. This can help with intermittent or disrupted downloads or ISPs that may throttle large downloads.
- Analyze game files: Anytime you need to force a check of your files, use this option! Click Verify to download a new manifest and check your files. This option helps revolve issues with your data.p4k file.
- Quit launcher when window is closed: Tired of multiple launchers open? Settings also includes an option to quit the Launcher when you close the window.
- Library Folder: If you want to move your Star Citizen and Launcher install, you can copy and move the folder to a new drive. Use the Library Folder to point the Launcher to the new location.