What is error 10002?
You may receive error 10002 when attempting to Launch Game through the Launcher.
- This is typically a network / connectivity issue between your computer, your network, and our game servers.
- This error has occurred for players with an older Launcher or corrupted Launcher files.
Troubleshooting your network
- Ensure that the Patcher is whitelisted in your firewall and anti-virus software: RSI Launcher.exe and StarCitizen.exe.
- Ensure TCP 8000 - 8020 UDP 64090 - 64110 ports are permitted out in your firewall/router.
- This article can help for adding ports to a router.
- You may need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to also have them update and check your ports for your account.
- Try using a VPN. Some users may need to create and play from a VPN. If VPN works, but not opening ports locally, you need to contact your ISP to have ports opened.
- Check your DirectX install, you may need to reinstall or update the latest.
- Try running the Launcher as administrator: right-click and choose Run as Administrator.
Use the new Launcher
If you see PTU anywhere in your Launcher screen, you may still be trying to use the old PTU Launcher. You will need to fully delete the old Launcher and files:
- Right click on the Windows icon and select Run.
- Enter and run %appdata% and click Ok. This opens Users\CurrentProfile\Appdata\Roaming. Delete the rsilauncher folder.
- Right click on the Windows icon and select Run again.
- Enter and run %localappdata% and click Ok. This opens Users\CurrentProfile\Appdata\Local. Delete the StarCitizen folder.
- In the file manager, navigate to (install drive)\Program Files. Delete the entire Roberts Space Industries folder.
- Clear your trash.
Modify settings for throttled or slower networks
You may need to change the download speed, the network may be getting interrupted:
- Open and login to your Launcher.
- Click Settings.
- To reduce the number of connections, click the drop -down for Concurrent downloads. Choose a lower amount, like 15 or 10 to start.
- To reduce the amount of data transferred per connection, click the drop-down for Download speed limitand choose a lower amount. We recommend midrange or lower MB/s. The lowest KB/s may not show significant improvement.
- Setting the options saves changes.
File Shuffle and Verify trick
Try the following:
- Open a File Manager.
- Cut and paste the LIVE folder to another location on your computer (like a temp folder or desktop). You can find this folder in (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
- Make sure the Launcher is entirely closed. Delete the Launcher folder and empty your trash. This is usually found in (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\RSI Launcher.
- Download and install the Launcher again.
- Open the Launcher and start downloading the game. When it starts downloading the data.p4k 39GB file, pause the download.
- Close the Launcher fully.
- Copy back the LIVE folder back to the original location: (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
- Open the Launcher and click Settings.
- Click Verify. Let the Verify complete and try launching the game.