Your RSI Launcher will be missing the "Launch" button if you accidentally melted your game package, have only pledged for a standalone ship, or are trying to use an old PTU RSI Launcher to access our Live environment.
If you reclaim or melt a package on your account, you may have melted your game package. Without the game package, you cannot install or run Star Citizen.
NOTE: We are tracking and investigating an issue where players may see no launch/install buttons regardless of the status of their game packages. If this occurs, there are a few possible work arounds:
- Completely shut down the launcher, ensure that it is not still running in the Windows Taskbar, and then restart the launcher.
- Logout and back in to the launcher multiple times.
- Clear the Launcher cache by bringing the launcher into focus and hitting Ctrl + Shift + Alt + R to attempt to bring the buttons back. (This will log you out)
Please also report the situation, any steps taken, and what did and did not work to correct this via the Issue Council.
Check for a game package
First, make sure you have a game package. When looking over the Download page, you should see a message "You have X Game Package(s)".
If you see "Promotional Package", you may have melted your game package or only bought a stand-alone ship. Not all pledges are "game packages." They will be clearly marked as such, display the "Game", and contain the Star Citizen Digital Download item in its description.
You can always check your game packages through My Hangar:
- Log into My RSI on our site.
- Click on My Hangar.
- Filter by Game Packages to check for your game.
- Check for an existing game package.
- No package? You just need to purchase a game package through the store.
IMPORTANT! The Squadron 42 standalone pledge from the store is listed under "Game Packages", but it will not allow you to access any content except for Star Marine and Arena Commander. Owning only this pledge as your sole "package" will not allow the account to login to the Universe to play, regardless of how many other ships their account may possess.
Install the Live RSI Launcher
If you have a game package, make sure you have the latest Live RSI Launcher. When opening the Launcher, check the bottom right corner for version, which you can find on the Download page under "Latest Version".