Your RSI Launcher will be missing the "Launch" button if you accidentally melted your game package, have only pledged for a standalone ship, or are trying to use an old PTU RSI Launcher to access our Live environment.
If you reclaim or melt a package on your account, you may have melted your game package. Without the game package, you cannot install or run Star Citizen.
Check for a game package
First, make sure you have a game package. When looking over the Download page, you should see a message "You have X Game Package(s)".
If you see "Promotional Package", you may have melted your game package or only bought a stand-alone ship. Not all pledges are "game packages." They will be clearly marked as such, display the "Game", and contain the Star Citizen Digital Download item in its description.
You can always check your game packages through My Hangar:
- Log into My RSI on our site.
- Click on My Hangar.
- Filter by Game Packages to check for your game.
- Check for an existing game package.
- No package? You just need to purchase a game package through the store.
Install the Live RSI Launcher
If you have a game package, make sure you have the latest Live RSI Launcher. When opening the Launcher, check the bottom right corner for version, which you can find on the Download page under "Latest Version".
Delete the "USER" Folder
If you've confirmed that you have a Game Package and that you also have the latest version of the RSI Launcher installed, then the last troubleshooting step to try is to delete the USER folder from your StarCitizen\LIVE game directory. Before doing so, make certain that both the game and the RSI Launcher are fully closed.
By default if you did not change where the game is installed, this folder will be located at:
C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE
...but if you've changed where it was installed, such as to a secondary data drive or a "games" folder, you'll need to locate where the StarCitizen\LIVE folder is at. If you already know, you can navigate to it in the Windows File Explorer. If you can't recall exactly where it is, try the following steps:
- Locate the RSI Launcher icon, either the shortcut on your desktop or in the Windows start menu.
- Right Click on the RSI Launcher icon.
- Navigate the pop-up menu and choose Open File Location.
- If doing this on the start menu, it will be under More.
- In the new File Explorer window that appears, click on Roberts Space Industries in the location line under the menu bar or click the up arrow to the left of it.
- Open the StarCitizen folder and then the LIVE folder.
- Select the USER folder.
- Delete it in its entirety (either press the DEL key or right click on it and select the Delete option from the menu).
Switch VPN Servers
If players are encountering this issues with no buttons and are also utilizing a Virtual Private Network or VPN service for privacy or security reasons, we have seen reports that switching to a different VPN server can restore the buttons. Fully close and exit the RSI Launcher before doing this within your chosen VPN's options.