If you are receiving a 40014 error when accessing Star Citizen, specifically Persistent Universe, you may be encountering an access issue. Let's get you back into the 'Verse!
Restart and try again!
- Close the game entirely.
- Shutdown your computer.
- Wait a minute or two and startup.
- Make sure to wait for about 10 minutes.
- Relaunch the game and see if you are able to reenter without the error.
Multiple Launchers running
By default, the Launcher continues running even if you click the X to close. You can check your Windows Tray for any additional Launchers. To always close the Launcher when clicking X, select the Quit launcher when window is closed in Settings.
FIX CORRUPTED GAME FILES
It's possible you have corrupted game files. You can Verify your files. If you tried that, you have a couple options: full delete or force the data.p4k file to update.
Option 2: Force the system to rebuild your data.p4k file:
- Locate the file data.p4k in (install drive)\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE. This file should be a little over 40GB. Sometimes anti-virus can cause issues with the file, so make sure you have whitelisted!
- Rename the file to data.p4k.backup.
- Open the Launcher.
- Click Settings > Verify.
- Complete the verification and try launching. This may force update the files.
Possible Port In-Use
CIG uses a specific range of ports for the game, cloud servers, Hub, and more. We tend to use one specific for the game - 64090. Depending on issues, access, and so on, our cloud servers may cycle through the port range. These ports include: TCP 8000 - 8020 and UDP 64090 - 64110. However, one of those ports (UDP 64090 - 64110) may already be in use on your router/ISP router by another game, service, or application. If already in use, your computer assumes this is a Blat attack/form of DDoS attack. You can check the ports on your router, or contact your ISP for help.