The latest Patch Notes can be found here.
We're always happy to hear your feedback. You can contribute to SC Alpha 3.3.6 feedback here!
Delete your USER folder!
At this time we highly recommend all players delete their StarCitizen\LIVE\USER folder from their game directory before playing SC Alpha 3.2.0. As always if you have custom keybindings saved, be sure to back those up before deleting the folder.
Disable Windows Game Bar
The Windows Game Bar is causing a growing number of crashes to black screen for players. For more information on disabling the Game Bar, see this Windows article.
- Right-click the Windows button.
- Click Search, and search for Game Bar. You will find it in Settings > Game > Game bar.
- Disable by clicking the switch under "Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar."
For more information, see Guide to Graphic Issues!
Authenticator Code and Duration Issues
We are aware of an issue with authenticator codes not accepted when logging in.
- Verify you have a Duration selected (it may not have one selected by default).
- If you have issues with the Launcher, clear the Launcher cache.
See the guide for all steps and details: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/two-step-authenticator-troubleshooting-guide
Captcha and Launcher login
Do the following if you get this message: "ATTENTION! You must confirm your account is not a bot. Please visit the RSI Website and sign in to your account, then try again."
- Fully close your Launcher. Make sure you don't have multiple Launchers open in your system tray!
- Access our site: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/
- Click Account. If you are currently logged in, click Sign Out. It's important to sign out fully.
- Log back into the RSI site with your Login ID and password. Click I'm not a bot for the Captcha. If you use Chrome, you may not always see this option. You may want to try another browser on a desktop/laptop.
- Run the Launcher and login again.
For more information, see I can't login - what should I do?
Data.p4k and Download Issue:
We are aware of the issues with the data.p4k download and install of Star Citizen. We are working towards a short term and permanent solution. We also have troubleshooting steps to help players with possible network, access, ISP, and other configurations that could be causing issues. Resolving this issue is taking additional time. If you have download and install issues, please enter a ticket with details.
We are currently investigating a number of potential causes for these issues. Please use this Issue-Council Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-45804-Failed_to_verify_file__Data_p4k_file
For more information, see Troubleshoot errors with data.p4k.
Lumberyard error on graphics driver:
We are aware of an issue with the Lumberyard screen popping up an error message for incorrect graphic drivers. The message is incorrect, and pops because Lumberyard detects the Integrated GPU instead of the high performance card (Nvidia/AMD). This issue tends to occur on systems with an Integrated GPU (like Intel) and a graphics card (Nvidia or AMD). The Integrated GPU is defaulting for the game, instead of the high performance card.
We are researching potential fixes. You may need to verify your graphic card is preferred and selected for Star Citizen in your driver. Information will be added for this on this guide for Nvidia and AMD: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/graphics-gpu-guide-for-star-citizen look for "Lumberyard Error & Setting Preferred GPU".
Some players have also had this message pop up when overclocking their graphic cards. Reset to defaults and try launching the game again to verify if it occurs again.
- Issue Council for reports: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-54493-Launcher_Driver_Outdated_Error
- OLD Issue Council for review: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-47985-Lumberyard_warning_-_Out_of_date_graphic_driver
For more information, see Lumberyard Graphic Driver Error.
Players have reported encountering this error when attempting to enter the game. If you see this, please close the game client and relaunch the game. This may require multiple attempts.
REC Ships are no longer available in the Persistent Universe:
Ships obtained with REC were never intended for use in the Persistent Universe. While they have been available for a little while, the root cause of their presence in the PU has been corrected. REC Weapons are still currently available for use in the PU but please be aware that if you lose your ship with REC Weapons attached, you will lose access to those weapons in both the PU and Arena Commander!
aUEC & UEC Items Lost on Crash / Death / Disconnect:
We are aware that items are being lost for a variety of reasons. We understand that this is frustrating but please rest assured that your UEC items are not permanently lost and you will regain access to them upon the next database reset.
Ground Vehicle Reclamation:
When filing an insurance claim on a ship, always remember to first file a claim on any ground vehicles stored in the ship first. If this is not done, the vehicles stored within the ship will be lost.
As always, if you are encountering issues while playing Star Citizen Alpha 3.0.1 please take the time to contribute to the Issue-Council found here:
If you need to update your IC Profile, you can find those settings here: