The latest Patch Notes can be found here.
We're always happy to hear your feedback. You can contribute to SC Alpha 3.5 feedback here!
Major Known Issues:
- When exiting the options menu on the character customizer screen, the options will remain up disabling the players' control. W/A: Avoid using the options menu during character customization.
- If the player exits the game with the mobiGlas still open they will return to the universe with a blurry screen. W/A: Close mobiGlas before exiting.
- Delivery boxes can fall through the flooring of some ships.
- Ships do not leave behind cargo when destroyed.
- Ruto's hologram is missing.
- Ruto's entry mission will sometimes fail to complete.
- Some Area18 labs lack atmospheric pressure.
- Ships can exceed their speed limits by turning slightly while accelerating.
- Weapon projectiles/tracers occasionally diverge significantly from the player's point of aim.
- Dying with chat open may cause the player to be unable to respawn correctly. W/A: Relaunch client.
- Trying on clothing at Casaba can sometimes result in the loss of armor pieces.
- Ship bed logout may be unreliable or inconsistent.
- Stowed items can sometimes appear attached to the players' legs.
- Switching to external camera from the pilot seat and back when reset the HUD and chat.
Delete your USER folder!
At this time we highly recommend all players delete their StarCitizen\LIVE\USER folder from their game directory before playing SC Alpha 3.5. As always if you have custom keybindings saved, be sure to back those up before deleting the folder.
Disable Windows Game Bar
The Windows Game Bar is causing a growing number of crashes to black screen for players. For more information on disabling the Game Bar, see this Windows article.
- Right-click the Windows button.
- Click Search, and search for Game Bar. You will find it in Settings > Game > Game bar.
- Disable by clicking the switch under "Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar."
For more information, see Guide to Graphic Issues!
Data.p4k and Download Issue:
We are aware of the issues with the data.p4k download and install of Star Citizen. We are working towards a short term and permanent solution. We also have troubleshooting steps to help players with possible network, access, ISP, and other configurations that could be causing issues. Resolving this issue is taking additional time. If you have download and install issues, please enter a ticket with details.
We are currently investigating a number of potential causes for these issues. Please use this Issue-Council Report: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/rsi-launcher/RSIL-45804-Failed_to_verify_file__Data_p4k_file
For more information, see Troubleshoot errors with data.p4k.
aUEC & UEC Items Lost on Crash / Death / Disconnect:
We are aware that items are being lost for a variety of reasons. We understand that this is frustrating but please rest assured that your UEC items are not permanently lost and you will regain access to them upon the next database reset.
Ground Vehicle Reclamation:
When filing an insurance claim on a ship, always remember to first file a claim on any ground vehicles stored in the ship first. If this is not done, the vehicles stored within the ship will be lost.
As always, if you are encountering issues while playing Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 please take the time to contribute to the Issue-Council found here:
If you need to update your IC Profile, you can find those settings here: