Some of the usability improvements coming in Alpha 3.10 involve a significant keybind rework and it is strongly advisable that you go through your keybinds in detail, rebinding where appropriate or re-familiarizing with the default setup.
Feedback on Keybinding Changes
If you have some feedback, be it good or bad, or some suggestions on the changes that have been made to the keybindings in patch 3.10, head to the feedback thread on Spectrum to add your thoughts.
- Lock / Unlock pinned target (Tap 1-3)
- Pin / Unpin Selected Target (LAlt+1-3)
- Cycle Lock Forward Target Attackers (4)
- Hostiles (5)
- Friendlies (6)
- All (7)
- Sub-Target (8)
- Cycle Lock Forward or Under Reticle (T)
- Cycle Selection Forward (R)
- VJoy style controls have been added and set to default (Keybind “Q” swaps between VJoy and relative mouse mode)
- Added ESP to turrets (Keybind “E” to enable/disable)
- Gyro Mode (Press “G” to enable/disable)
- Customizable turret velocity limiter (LShift enables and W/S/Mousewheel to change limits)
- Combined/staggered fire mode (Keybind “V” to Swap between)
- Holding down “C” will automatically re-center the turret.
- Enable / Disable look ahead is now LAlt+L by default
- Enable look ahead has been unbound by default (used to be on LAlt+R)
- Enabled look ahead for horizon and look ahead target tracking by default
- Gimbal mode has moved from R to G
- Countermeasures have moved from G and H to H and J
- VTOL toggle has moved from J to K
- Ship lights have moved from T to L (on foot is still T).
- Toggle all doors and Lock all doors have been unbound by default (used to be on K and L)
- Jettison Mineable Cargo keybind has been changed to LAlt+J to avoid a conflict with the new targeting keybinds
Troubleshooting Control Issues
If players run into serious control and other strange issues as a result of these keybinding changes and manually reviewing the keybindings to update where appropriate do not work to correct them, then we recommend that players delete their USER folder to resolve any lingering control conflicts from the pre-Alpha 3.10 versions:
(Default Install Location) - C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE\USER
Please also ensure that you have cleared any third party control profiles from your input devices (Joystick, Throttle, etc) to prevent any unexpected behavior.
If you continue to have strange control and device conflicts, please report the situation in detail on the Issue Council.