If you are new here, welcome! If you're returning after a long absence to check out new changes, welcome back! And if you are a current player, hello once again! The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE) is back once again for the year 2953, and ship creators across the 'verse have prepared a show of everything they have to offer. For full details of the event, head to the main IAE webpage.
Additionally, between November 17th at 8:00 AM Pacific thru November 30th, all Citizens will be able to participate in the events to see some of the 'verse's biggest, best, and most iconic ships up close at the Tobin Expo Center. Over the course of the event, different manufacturer's will be featured in the hall each day showcasing their roster of ships on offer, many of which will be available to test fly for free, without the need for a game package or other pledge! All players will have access to a Drake Cutter for the duration of the event.
You must have an active RSI Account to participate, so if you don't have one and want to join in on the fun, click here to enlist now. No special code needed during this event!
Download and Install the Game
If you are brand new or it's been a while since you've played, you will need to make certain that the RSI launcher and the game is up to date. The newest version of the launcher can be acquired on our download page and through it, the game itself can be installed and updated.
You'll also want to make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run the game.
Getting to the Convention Center
Starting in New Babbage
For citizens just joining the 'verse for the first time in a while and have the option to choose your starting location, select the New Babbage starting location for the quickest route to see the convention exhibit halls and everything they have to offer.
- Upon entering the game, from the menu select the Universe.
- You will be asked to select a Primary Residence.
- From the offered drop down options, select Stanton System and then New Babbage.
Click the image to see the full selection screen.
- At the bottom left, select your desired server location from the Server Location drop down. We recommend setting it to Best or one closest to your geographical location.
- Click Set As Primary Residence to confirm and then enter the game.
From there, follow these directions to get to the event.
- Wake up in The Nest habitation complex.
- Leave the room and head downstairs.
- Take the elevator to the ground floor.
- Upon exiting the elevator, note the PURPLE and WHITE signs pointing the way to the IAE 2953 show floor. These will guide you to the destination!
- Follow the signs to the Metroloop.
- Go to the platform for the Tobin Expo Center shuttle.
- Get on a shuttle. You can see the time for the next shuttle above the door.
- Get off at the first stop.
- Follow the signs for IAE 2953 and take the stairs up to the Tobin Expo Center.
Traveling from Elsewhere
For our current active citizens, if you are wrapping up business elsewhere in the 'verse before heading to the events:
- Travel to microTech
- Quantum travel to New Babbage.
- (Legally) land and dock your ship.
- Follow signs for IAE 2953 from the spaceport to the convention center.
The Welcome Hub! Gameplay Guides
If you are brand new or need a refresher course, check out the Welcome Hub! This is a one-stop shop for everything you will need to get you going in the 'verse like helpful guides from our Knowledge Base about the game basics.
Alternately, why not get some personal help from the best experts in the 'verse? Check out getting a veteran player to help teach you the ropes with our Guide System.
Convention Hall Exhibitor Schedule
The following manufacturers will be featured in Tobin Expo Center and a selection of their ships will be made available to all participants during this event on the specified dates.
These ships will rotate on the given date in the exhibition hall at 8:00 AM Pacific, 16:00 UTC, and will be available for 48 hours.
As with all our ships, these will be available to purchase by players with normal in-game currency in the future. However if you enjoyed using one, many are available to players through related pledges made to support the development of Star Citizen!