Welcome to Star Citizen! You need an RSI account to pledge for game packages, add ships, and install the game to play. Keep reading for helpful info on how to create and use your RSI account.
First, do you have a Referral Code?
If you have a friend that already has an RSI Account and Star Citizen game,ask them for their Referral Code!
What do you get? You get 5,000 UEC “In game” currency used to buy weapons, shields, and decoration items. If you pledge $40 or more, your friend will receive Referral Points. After you have joined, you can start referring your friends too!
Learn more about the Referral Program!
I'm ready to enlist!
Visit our site and enlist today! Keep reading to understand more about your account.
- Visit our Enlist Now page.
- Enter information for the following:
- Login ID - Your Login ID is a unique and private field that will only be used to sign into your account and identify your account with RSI Player Relations, therefore it is important that it remains secure and not be easy to guess.
- Password - Along with your Login ID, your password will be required to sign into the RSI mainframe. We will never ask you for your password, ever. Please ensure that your password meets the strength criteria mixing letters, numbers, and a special character.
- Email Address - Your email address is required to verify your account, for email notifications, and to contact RSI Player Relations.
- Birthdate - You must be of legal age to enlist with RSI. We would also like to wish you happy birthday when the time comes around.
- Handle - Your unique callsign displayed on our site, Spectrum, and in game. Please don't use special characters in your handle. You receive 1 free handle name change. After, you can purchase additional handle changes. This is not your character name in game.
- Community Moniker - Your publicly displayed name in Spectrum forums, chats, and on the site. You can change your moniker at any time. This is not your character name in game.
- Referral Code - If you have received a code from another player, enter it here and you will immediately receive 5,000 UEC. Learn More
- For Security & Legal, enter the number from the generate image.
- When creating your account, make sure to review and accept the Terms of Service.
- Click Enlist Now.
Check your email for a confirmation email. The sender is email@example.com and the subject is "RSI Account activation". Click the link in the email confirmation to activate your account.
If you have trouble finding the email, search by the email or subject. You may need to whitelist our emails to always receive updates, password change requests, and more.
How do I log in after activation?
- The website and game will always use your Login ID and password to access.
- When you change your password, you will enter your email through Account Recovery.
- When you change your password, you are automatically logged into the site. After that, use your to Login ID and password when logging in.
Add More Security - Multi-Factor Authentication
To further protect your account, we recommend enabling a Multi-Factor, or Two-Step, Authenticator. When you log in, you must enter a code from your authenticator to access My RSI, Spectrum, and the game.
We support email and mobile app authenticators, all free for your account!
- Add Mobile Authentication To Your Account
- Add Email Authentication To Your Account
- About Multi-Factor Authentication
How do I buy and play Star Citizen?
You just need a Game Package. These packages all contain a digital download of Star Citizen, a ship, and a few other goodies for your account. You can pick through and choose from the game packages in the store.
Now you can install and play the game!
I did not understand the naming system and now I am stuck with a handle I do not want
The Handle of an account can be changed. Once an account is created, a free Handle Change Pass is attributed so you may change the Handle once completely free of charge. Should you wish to change the Handle beyond this, you must pledge for a Handle Change Pass.