You will need to have an RSI account and access to a secured email to add and configure email two step authentication.
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click the Security tab on the left. You may be prompted to enter your password.
- Scroll to the Activate Two Step Authentication section. Select the Email option and click Enable Two Step Authentication.
- For Step 1/2, enter an email address. Authentication codes will be sent to this email address. We recommend using a different email address than the one currently used for your RSI Account. You can use the same email address if it is secured. Click Send The Code to continue.
- Check the email you entered to locate the code sent from RSI.
- In Step 2/2, enter the code from the email. Set the duration for the code. Click Verify and Save.
If you need to update your email address...
...remember to also update your email authentication as well! To do this, when you update your email, you will need to deactivate email two step authentication. Once that has been done, go through the steps listed above once more for the new email address.
Generate and save your backup codes
With your authenticator setup, you should generate your backup codes! If you ever get locked out without access to your authenticator, you can use the backup codes to get back into your account.
Click the Security tab in your Account. Click Manage your backup codes.
Save these codes in a secure location outside of your RSI account and mobile device used for authentication.
Email Authentication was turned on automatically
If your RSI account did not previously have email authentication enabled but it suddenly does, that means our system detected some strange login activity and enabled the email authentication system to protect your account. Once you are able to successfully login again, you are free to disable the security measures if you like, however we highly recommend against doing so.
For more information on the measures we take to secure our player's accounts and why, check out this article: RSI Account Security Overview
I am locked out of my account!
If you find yourself locked out of your account with no access to an authenticator code nor one of your backup codes, then you will need to place a ticket to RSI support for assistance with recovering account access.