To gift a pledge to another account, you must pledge for the ship or game package with cash using a supported payment method. You cannot gift any pledges acquired using partial or full Store Credit.
For more questions, check Gifting FAQ!
To send a gift, you must have Two-Step Authentication setup on your own account. We support email and mobile app authenticators. For more information, see Protect your account with an Authenticator
What you need to gift a pledge
- Correct email address of the recipient of the gift.
- Your friend must have an RSI account. The email you use must be the email on the RSI account.
- A completed order for a game package, standalone ships, etc without a Physical item. You cannot "gift" physical items to a player, like a book for apparel, directly through the store. You could ship it to them! Or wrap it and hand it over for a holiday or birthday.
- Your account must have been a backer for at least 30 days. Once that time has passed after your first pledge, you can then send a gift to a friend.
The Backer status is an award for players that have pledged for a standalone ship/game package, item, etc with cash using a payment method. Only players that have supported the game can receive this status.
Important notes about gifts:
- You can change the email address for a gift recipient until it is claimed. Once the gift is claimed, you can no longer make changes.
- You cannot reclaim a gifted pledge. The recipient can reclaim the pledge when it is on their account.
- You cannot receive a refund for a gifted pledge. You no longer own the gift when it is claimed on another account.
- If you send an alternative account you own a gift, login to the account you intend to accept the gift on BEFORE accepting the gift via the link!
Gift to a friend
- To gift a pledge, visit our site and login to your Account.
- In your account, click My Hangar.
- Locate the pledge you want to gift to a friend.
- Expand the arrow to the right of the pledge and select Gift.
- Review the details for gifting a pledge.
When you send the gift, you can change the recipient only if it has not been claimed. So if you send a gift to the wrong email address, fix it quickly!
- Enter your password.
- Enter the Recipient name of your friend.
- Enter the Recipient email to send the gift to.
- Click Gift. The recipient will be notified by email that you have sent a gift to their account.