Star Citizen has a concept called Reclaiming. Our community frequently calls it Melting. These are one and the same, and here's how it works!
When a pledge is reclaimed onto your account, it is converted into Store Credit. The value of the pledge, gift, or gift card is converted into a dollar amount. If you used a discount or made a pledge during a sale, the pledge value will be the same as what you initially paid.
What happens to the reclaimed pledge?
When you reclaim a pledge, the following happens:
- The entire pledge is removed from your Hangar.
- A dollar amount for the pledge value is attributed to your account as Store Credit.
- The reclaim is intended to be permanent. Depending on the pledge type, you may be able to buy it back!
- Any upgrades are removed from the pledge. If you upgraded the ship before reclaiming, those upgrades were stripped away. When you buy it back, you won't receive the upgraded ship.
Reclaim a pledge
Make sure you truly want to reclaim the pledge with the possibility of not getting it back. Not all pledges are guaranteed to list in the Buy Back Pledges page!
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- In your account, click the My Hangar tab.
- Look through your pledges and expand the arrow icon next to a pledge you want to reclaim.
- Click Exchange for store credits.
- Review the notes and warnings about the reclaim.
Important: Check the name of the pledge being reclaimed! If you see standalone ship as the description, you are just reclaiming a standalone ship. If you see the name of a Package, you could be reclaiming your entire game package, ship, and any extras for that pledge!
This screen ensures you acknowledge that the pledge will be removed from your account and that the action is permanent.
- Enter your password and click Reclaim.
The store credit will be attributed to your account. You can use the credit towards new orders through the store. For more information, see Using Store Credit.
I reclaimed a pledge by accident - help!
You have a few options if you reclaimed a pledge:
- Check your Buy Back Pledges tab. You can buy it back with cash or a credit buy-back token (These are attributed to accounts every Quarter if they are consumed. If they are not consumed, they do not stack, so your account will only ever hold one token).
- Check the store for the ship or game package. You can pledge for a new one through the store using store credit and/or cash.
If the ship or package is no longer available in the Store or your Buy Back Pledges tab, it may be limited or unavailable to pledge for again.