Have you found yourself in possession of a pledge with a ship that's not yet Flight Ready? We've got you covered, providing you with a loaner ship to ensure that you are able to fly inside the current version of Star Citizen Alpha.
Below is our Loaner Ship Matrix that currently has all ships not available in the PU (Persistent Universe) and their respective loaners until that ship becomes "Flight Ready."
There are a couple of points to note about this list:
- The concept of "ship loaners" was introduced to allow players who owned a game package and a single ship to play the game when that ship was unavailable. The loaners for each ship are not intended to be a 1:1 "best case substitute" for the ship that isn't flight ready.
- If a new ship becomes Flight Ready and is a better substitute, the loaner will be updated.
- Due to the current restrictions in Arena Commander, certain ships have a secondary loaner to allow them to play in all game modes. For example, Freelancer owners receive an Anvil Arrow for use in Arena Commander play modes.
- These are not permanent additions to your fleet. Once a ship on this list is Flight Ready, the loaner will be replaced by the ship you purchased and removed from this thread.
- Something to bear in mind if you have multiple concept ships that grant the same loaner you will only receive 1 loaner for them all. Example: If you own the Hull A and Hull B, you will only receive one Freelancer as the loaner.
- Loaners will not stack. You will never receive more than one of each loaner ship, regardless of how many are allocated based on the ships in your hanger. Example: Owning four Pioneers will not grant four Caterpillars.
- RSI Support cannot swap loaners by request.
Loaner Ship Matrix
Last Updated: October 9th, 2021 | 3.14.1-live.7721742
|YOUR SHIP||OUR LOANER(S)|
|400i||Constellation Andromeda, 325a|
|600i Series||325a, Cyclone (Explorer only)|
|890 Jump||325a, 85x|
|Ares Ion / Inferno||Hurricane, F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Carrack / Carrack Expedition||C8 Pisces, URSA Rover|
|Carrack w/ C8X / Carrack Expedition w/C8X||C8X Pisces Expedition, URSA Rover|
|Corsair||Constellation Aquila, Buccaneer|
|Cyclone Variants||Aurora MR|
|Endeavor||Starfarer, Cutlass Red|
|Genesis Starliner||Hercules C2|
|Hercules Starlifter A2||Hercules M2|
|Hull B||Freelancer MAX|
|Hull D, E||Caterpillar, Hercules C2|
|Hurricane||F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Idris-M & P||Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger, MPUV Passenger|
|Javelin||Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger, MPUV Cargo|
|Kraken (+ Privateer)||Hammerhead, Caterpillar, and Buccaneer|
|Liberator||Hercules M2, F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Lynx Rover||URSA Rover|
|Merchantman||Defender, Hercules C2|
|Nautilus||Hammerhead, Avenger Titan|
|Perseus||Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger|
|Polaris||Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger|
|Railen||Constellation Taurus, Khartu-al|
|Ranger RC||Cyclone RC|
|Ranger TR||Cyclone TR|
|ROC (+ ROC DS)||Aurora MR|
|Scorpius||Hurricane, F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Terrapin||F7C-M Super Hornet|
|Valkyrie||F7C-M Super Hornet|
|X1 & Variants||Aurora MR, Nox|
The Ship Pipeline
Ships work through the ship pipeline process from concept to flight ready:
- In Concept - Artists and designers determine the concept look, 3D renders, and functional design for a ship.
- Long Term Production - Development work is planned and added to the Roadmap.
- Active Production - Development, designers, and QA work from start to finish on the ship.
- Hangar Ready - The ship loads for display and interactions.
- Flight Ready - The ship can fly with full operations including physics, interactions, systems, fuel, cargo, and more. These ships are ready in game for you!
Learn more in the Making of Star Citizen video series: