You will need to have an RSI account and a smart phone to install and configure a mobile authenticator. These instructions work for the Google, and Authy authenticators. Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click the Security tab on the left. You may be prompted to enter your password.
- Scroll through the page to the Activate Two Step Authentication section.
- Select Authenticator Mobile App and click Enable Two-Step Authentication.
- On your smart phone, install a mobile authenticator available through Google Play or the Apple App Store: Google Authenticator or Authy.
- Open the authenticator app on your phone.
- Select Add, and then select Scan Barcode.
- Using the open app on your phone, scan the QR code displayed on the Security page of your account.
- The mobile authenticator app will add your account and you will be presented with a code ready for input.
- Input this code into the RSI website to confirm that the mobile authenticator app is linked to your account. You can also name your device and specify how long you give permission for the device to access your account.
- Click Verify and Save.
If you need to change to a new mobile device...
...remember to deactivate your mobile authenticator within your RSI account first! Failing to do so will mean that you will also lose access to your RSI account if you have lost access to the app. Re-installing the app on the same device will not re-connect it to your RSI account.
Generate and save your backup codes
With your authenticator setup you should generate your backup codes! If you ever get locked out without access to your authenticator, you can use the backup codes to get back into your account.
Click the Security tab in your Account. Click Manage your backup codes.
Save these codes in a secure location outside of your RSI account and mobile device used for authentication.
I am locked out of my account!
If you find yourself locked out of your account with no access to an authenticator code nor one of your backup codes, then you will need to place a ticket to RSI support for assistance with recovering account access.