You will need to have an RSI account and a smart phone to install and configure a mobile authenticator. These instructions work for the RSI, Google, and Authy authenticators.
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click the Security tab on the left. You may be prompted to enter your password.
- Scroll through the page to the Activate Two Step Authentication section.
- Select Authenticator Mobile App and click Enable Two-Step Authentication.
- On your smart phone, install a mobile authenticator available through Google Play or the Apple App Store: RSI Star Citizen Authenticator, Google Authenticator, or Authy.
- Open the authenticator app on your phone.
- RSI App: Within the app select Scan QR Code
- For other authenticators: select Add, and then select Scan Barcode.
- Using the open app on your phone, scan the QR code displayed on the Security page of your account.
- The mobile authenticator app will add your account and you will be presented with a code ready for input. The following is an example of the RSI mobile authenticator.
- Input this code into the RSI website to confirm that the mobile authenticator app is linked to your account. You can also name your device and specify how long you give permission for the device to access your account.
- Click Verify and Save.
Generate and save your backup codes
With your authenticator setup you should generate your backup codes! If you ever get locked out without access to your authenticator, you can use the backup codes to get back into your account.
Click the Security tab in your Account. Click Manage your backup codes.
Save these codes in a secure location outside of your RSI account and mobile device used for authentication.