Multi-Factor or 2-Step authentication (2FA) protects your account by requiring a code entered when logging into your My RSI account or the game Launcher. We support and provide access to email authentication and mobile apps including RSI, Google, and Authy.
Sometimes, you will need to remove or update your authenticator. The following will require the current authentication to be removed:
- Changing from Email to a Mobile App and vice versa
- Resetting your smart phone to factory default status
- Buying or replacing your smart phone
If you use a Mobile App and need to reset your phone or get a new one, we strongly recommend removing the authenticator from your account first! If not, you will be asked for the code that you will not be able to provide.
TIP: Mobile authenticators are not automatically synced if you update your phone. You can to remove and add the mobile to correctly sync a mobile app with your account.
How to remove your authenticator
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click the Security tab. You may be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the Settings section. Locate the Two-step authentication enabled line. Click the Remove icon on the far right.
- A confirmation displays. Click Confirm to remove.
- Your authenticator has been removed!
You can now exchange your phone, reset defaults, without being locked out of your account.
When you have finished resetting your phone, or you have a new phone ready, you can add an authenticator using a mobile app or email!
Oops, I forgot to remove it first...
Don't worry, we all forget to remove the authenticator first. If you generated and saved the Backup codes for your authenticator, you can remove the authenticator using those!
If you don't have those handy, you can enter a Support Ticket. Include as much of the following information as possible:
- Login ID (used to login to the game/website)
- Last known Email address associated with account
- Date of Birth
- First and last name on the account
- First line of billing address
- Handle ID (displayed to others when logged into the game)
- Some information on your pledges
- Generate your Backup Codes. Save them in a file on your computer or printed out next to your computer. If you have issues with your authenticator, you can always use these codes. Click the Security tab in My RSI. Click Manage your backup codes.
- If you need to remove your mobile app to get a new phone or reset to defaults, you can add the email authenticator. This keeps your account protected until you can use your smart phone again.
- If you need to enter a ticket, provide as much information as possible so we can quickly unlock your account.