Multi-Factor or 2-Step authentication (2FA) protects your account by requiring a code entered when logging into your My RSI account or the game Launcher. We support and provide access to email authentication and mobile apps including Google, and Authy.
In some instances you will need to remove or update your authenticator. The following events will require the current authentication to be removed:
- Changing from Email to a Mobile App and vice versa
- Resetting your smart phone to factory default status
- Buying or replacing your smart phone
If you use a Mobile App and need to reset your phone or get a new one, we strongly recommend removing the authenticator from your account first! Should the authenticator be left in place you will be asked for a code that you will not be able to provide.
How to remove your authenticator
- Visit our site and login to Account.
- Click the Security tab. You may be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the Settings section and locate the Two-step authentication enabled line. Click the Remove icon on the far right.
- A confirmation displays. Click Confirm to remove.
- Your authenticator has been removed!
You can now reset, replace, or upgrade your phone without being locked out of your account.
When you have finished resetting your phone, or you have a new phone ready, you can add an authenticator using a mobile app or email!
Oops, I forgot to remove it first...
First and foremost, check to see if you are still logged in to the RSI website. If so, you can head to the Security section of your account page and remove the authenticator there. If you generated and saved the Backup codes for your authenticator previously, you can remove the authenticator using one those codes.
If you don't have the backup codes available, you can enter a Support Ticket for assistance. We will require some information to verify that the person contacting us is indeed the true owner of the account. Include as much of the following information as possible to speed up the request:
- Login ID (If set to login to the game/website instead of email)
- Last known Email address associated with account
- First and last name on the account
- Date of Birth
- First line of billing address
- Handle ID (the name displayed to other players and on Spectrum)
- Some information on your pledges
- Country and City of origin when creating the account
- Pledge information, with Order ID#'s being the most helpful
- Generate your Backup Codes. Save them in a file on your computer or printed out next to your computer. If you have issues with your authenticator, you can always use these codes. Click the Security tab in My RSI. Click Manage your backup codes.
- If you need to remove your mobile app to get a new phone or reset to defaults, you can add the email authenticator. This keeps your account protected until you can use your smart phone again.
- If you need to enter a ticket, provide as much information as possible so we can quickly unlock your account.