Ships are the heart and soul of Star Citizen, giving you the freedom to explore the 'Verse and visit ports, moons, and planets and achieve your goals- Whatever they may be.
Ground vehicles are also available for those times when a ship would draw too much attention, the environmental conditions make flying unwise, or you just want to have some fun racing for sport or profit.
Ships in our 'Verse!
We have an ever-growing roster of ships designed to cover all styles and purposes:
Combat - Designed for the pilot who doesn't run away from a fight, combat ships cover a wide range of roles and gameplay styles. From flying a single-seat fighter to manning a turret aboard a multi-crew bomber, no two ships provide the same combat experience. This diverse range of combat ships allow pilots to engage the enemy on their terms.
Trade and Transport - Transport ships shuttle precious cargo across the Empire and are the lifeblood of interstellar commerce. For those willing to handle the inherent risks, they're ideal ships for earning credits and seeing the sights. These ships are specialized to handle either cargo, passengers or data, and can be used for jobs that fall on both sides of the law.
Exploration - Boldly venture into the unknown aboard an exploration ship. If a pilot has an adventurous spirit, these are the ships that allow them to journey where few dare to go, whether they are seeking new sights in the vast reaches of space or traveling the untamed surface of a moon.
Industrial - Resources abound across the universe but most ships aren't equipped to take advantage of them. Industrial ships are highly specialized to do tasks others can't. Mining vessels extract raw resources while salvage ships retrieve valuable parts and materials from shipwrecks. Science ships study the cosmos and agricultural ships grow crops. All together, this hardworking class of vehicles provides unique opportunities for those who want to do more than fight, trade, or explore.
Support - Support ships provide assistance to those in need. Medical ships give aid to the injured, refueling ships keep vessels going, repair ships mend damage, and media ships capture events for history's sake. These ships will be essential additions to a well-rounded fleet or for those who want to use their services to earn credits.
Competition (Ship Racing) - Competition ships are built for those who have a need for speed. These fast and agile ships are designed to weave through a tight gap one moment and blast across the finish line the next. Whether pilots are looking to win the next Murray Cup or escape a sticky situation, these are the ships for them.
Ground Vehicles - With the massive size of Star Citizen's planets and moons, a vehicle is essential to covering all that ground. There are exploration vehicles that can handle rugged terrain, buggies built for combat, speeders for racing, and much more.
Multi-Purpose - Some ships are so versatile that they defy categorization and excel on multiple fronts. For instance, they can provide large cargo capacity and intimidating combat capabilities. Pilots can be ready for whatever comes their way with one of these multi-purpose ships.
Find Your Ship!
The Ship Matrix gives you a quick look through ships and a way to compare their default load-out stats to find the right ships for you!
The matrix provides the following information you can expand to review:
- Model - Name, Manufacturer, production state (concept to flight ready), and last updated
- Specifications - Physical and flight stats for the ship including dimensions, speed and crew compliment.
- Avionics - Radar, compute blades, etc.
- Propulsion - Fuel information, quantum drives for travelling within a Star System, and modules for Jump Points to travel between systems. Jump points have different size limitations, determining your route through the stars!
- Thrusters - Main engines and thrusters for maneuvering.
- Systems - Power plants, coolers, and shield generators.
- Weaponry - Available weapons, turrets, missiles, and utility items including tractor beams, mining equipment, drones, scanning apparatus, and more.
Time to find ships, citizen!
- Browse or search through the available ship list. The entries side scroll across the page.
- Click Compare at the top of each ship entry you want to compare. That ship is highlighted.
- Click Compare Selected to only show the selected ships. Review the information quickly and easily.
- To view deeper ship info, click Detail Page at the bottom of each ship entry.
- To clear selections, click Reset.
Using Your Ship
Once you've got a brand new mode of transportation, you'll need to learn what you can do with it. We have some additional more in-depth guides to help out there.
Not every destination is right outside the hangar. To get to the far away and exotic (and potentially dangerous) locales, you'll need to use Quantum Travel.
To ensure you can safely dock, we have a step-by-step guide to help players land your ship safely (and legally).
Eventually, you'll also need to refuel and repair your ship too. There are many places in the 'verse that offer Vehicle Maintenance Services for that.