Ships are the heart and soul of Star Citizen, giving you the freedom to explore the galaxies and visit ports, moons, and planets. CIG creates ships and vehicles
Ships in our Galaxies!
We have an ever-growing list of ships.
Combat - Designed for the pilot who doesn't run away from a fight, combat ships cover a wide range of roles and gameplay styles. From flying a single-seat fighter to manning a turret aboard a multi-crew bomber, no two ships provide the same combat experience. This diverse range of combat ships allow pilots to engage the enemy on their terms.
Trade and Transport - Transport ships shuttle precious cargo across the Empire and are the lifeblood of interstellar commerce. For those willing to handle the inherent risks, they're ideal ships for earning credits and seeing the sights. These ships are specialized to handle either cargo, passengers or data, and can be used for jobs that fall on both sides of the law.
Exploration - Boldly venture into the unknown aboard an exploration ship. If a pilot has an adventurous spirit, these are the ships that allow them to journey where few dare to go, whether they are seeking new sights in the vast reaches of space or traveling the untamed surface of a moon.
Industrial - Resources abound across the universe but most ships aren't equipped to take advantage of them. Industrial ships are highly specialized to do tasks others can't. Mining vessels extract raw resources while salvage ships retrieve valuable parts and materials from shipwrecks. Science ships study the cosmos and agricultural ships grow crops. All together, this hardworking class of vehicles provides unique opportunities for those who want to do more than fight, trade, or explore.
Support - Support ships provide assistance to those in need. Medical ships give aid to the injured, refueling ships keep vessels going, repair ships mend damage, and media ships capture events for history's sake. These ships will be essential additions to a well-rounded fleet or for those who want to use their services to earn credits.
Competition (Ship Racing) - Competition ships are built for those who have a need for speed. These fast and agile ships are designed to weave through a tight gap one moment and blast across the finish line the next. Whether pilots are looking to win the next Murray Cup or escape a sticky situation, these are the ships for them.
Ground Vehicles - With the massive size of Star Citizen's planets and moons, a vehicle is essential to covering all that ground. There are exploration vehicles that can handle rugged terrain, buggies built for combat, speeders for racing, and much more.
Multi-Purpose - Some ships are so versatile that they defy categorization and excel on multiple fronts. For instance, they can provide large cargo capacity and intimidating combat capabilities. Pilots can be ready for whatever comes their way with one of these multi-purpose ships.
Find Your Ship!
The Ship Matrix gives you a quick look through ships and a way to compare their stats to find the right ships for you!
The matrix provides the following information you can expand to review:
- Model - Name, Manufacturer, production state (concept to flight ready), and last updated
- Specifications - Physical and flight stats for the ship including speed and crew compliment.
- Avionics - Available flight systems.
- Propulsion - Fuel information, drives, and modules for jumps.
- Thrusters - Available thrusters for maneuvering.
- Systems - Available systems on the ship including power plants, coolers, and shield generators.
- Weaponry - Available weapons, turrets, missiles, and utilities.
Time to find ships, citizen!
- Browse or search through the available ship list. The entries side scroll across the page.
- Click Compare at the top of each ship entry you want to compare. That ship is highlighted.
- Click Compare Selected to only show the selected ships. Review the information quickly and easily.
- To view deeper ship info, click Detail Page at the bottom of each ship entry.
- To clear selections, click Reset.
SHIP DEVELOPMENT PIPELINE
Whilst many ships are already flyable, some have yet to be fully realized in-game. You can track ships from their design to completion on the Public Roadmap. The roadmap is populated directly from internal schedules, and so is subject to change throughout the development process.
Ships work through the ship pipeline process from concept to flight ready:
- In Concept - Artists and designers determine the concept look, 3D renders, and functional design for a ship.
- Long Term Production - Development work is planned and added to the Roadmap.
- Active Production - Development, designers, and QA work from start to finish on the ship.
- Hangar Ready - The ship loads for display and interactions.
- Flight Ready - The ship can fly with full operations including physics, interactions, systems, fuel, cargo, and more. These ships are ready in game for you!
Note: Some role-specific functionality may depend on future technology and features, which can also be tracked on the Public Roadmap.
Every ship has a unique use, design, and features. Whether you are exploring the corners of the 'Verse, mining asteroids, salvaging wrecks, battling the unknown, you can select from a wide range of ships and vehicles.
To learn more about each ship, where it began, and the vision for it, see our CommLinks Concept Ship FAQs.