Shopping in the Verse
Shopping in the 'verse is a painless process. Purchases in the 'verse are made via electronic kiosks, usually found in a shop, in an outpost, or are near an administration desk in a major hub. There are various shops in-game where players can go to purchase clothing, weapons, armor, and components. Major commercial hubs like Port Olisar, in the Stanton System, and Levski, on Delamar, contain multiple shops offering a wide variety of gear. Items purchased in-game are purchased using aUEC (Alpha United Earth Credits)
Every shop has an area where you can sample products before you purchase them, a friendly (or not so friendly) store attendant, and finally an electronic kiosk or two where you can make a purchase.
When browsing for clothing or armor, it's generally a good idea to try it on to see how it looks on your character.
- Approach a clothing/armor or weapon rack and enter inner-thought mode by pressing and holding the F key.
- Upon hovering over an item, options to BUY or TRY ON SUIT will appear. Click TRY ON SUIT to see how the armor looks on your character.
- You can pan the mouse left or right to have your character turn to show off the armor, or tap F again to exit once you've inspected the armor.
- Similar to how you can try on armor, you can also inspect weapons before making a purchase.
- If you like what you see and have the necessary funds, go ahead and make a purchase. You can purchase armor or weapons directly from your mobiGlas by clicking on the BUY option while looking at them on the display rack, or you can purchase items from any kiosk found in that store.
***Note that armor must be purchased piece by piece, so clicking on the chest piece will not purchase the entire set for you. Armor is sold this way so that players can mix and match armor pieces to create a custom set to fit their particular needs.***
Buying and Selling Commodities for Cargo Runs
Where can I purchase Cargo?
Commodities can be bought from Trading & Shipping Consoles found throughout the 'Verse. When looking to buy cargo, administration desks, usually found in the main hall of a space stations and outposts are always a great way to start looking.
As seen in the images above and below, Trading and Shipping Consoles can be found on or around the administration desks in both Port Olisar and Levski. Finding Trading and Shipping consoles in small outposts can be more tricky. Usually a Trading and Shipping Console can be found in one of the buildings as seen below at the ArcCorp Mining Area 157 outpost on Yela.
Purchasing cargo in the 'verse is simple.
- Approach a Trading and Shipping Console and Press F
- In the top center section of the screen you'll see an option to BUY or SELL. Make sure the option to BUY is highlighted.
- Starting with the top, left-hand side of the screen, choose a delivery location. The dropdown menu should be populated with all of the ships you own with cargo space.
- Once you've selected the ship you'd like to load with cargo, you can use the center dropdown menu to select the commodities from the ones available for purchase at your particular location.
- On the bottom right-hand side of the screen, use the slider to select the amount of your chosen commodity you'd like to have loaded onto your ship.
- Once you've made your decision, make your purchase at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- By the time you get to your ship, your purchased cargo will be onboard and ready to go.
Now that you've loaded your ship with some valuable cargo, your next step is to find a place to sell your cargo. Not every location will be interested in buying your cargo, dependent on what you're carrying. Dedicated members of our community have created resources documenting which commodities can be purchased at which locations, as well as where they can be sold.
In order to sell your cargo:
- Land your ship legally (which involves requesting permission to land at major space ports) on a landing pad.
- Exit your ship and proceed to the nearest Trading and Shipping Console.
- This time, make sure you've selected the option to SELL at the top of the screen.
- Select your ship loaded with cargo from the dropdown menu on the top, left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the commodity you'd like to sell from the center drop down menu, and use the slider on the bottom, right-hand side of the screen to select the amount you'd like to sell.
- Click the SELL (ITEM) button in the bottom, right-hand corner to instantly be credited for the going price of that cargo.