The 'Verse would be incredibly boring if all ships were made alike. To help add some color and flair to your journey between the stars, the ship customizer will let citizens express themselves through personal touches to their ships, and perhaps even their entire fleet.
How to Begin Customizing
Once a player owns a ship with customization options available, there are a few ways to get to the Ship Customizer to apply any additional personal touches.
- When pledging for a new stand-alone ship with customization options available, there will be an additional button on the Pledge Store page to allow a player to apply their personal touches at the same time they complete the pledge.
- When pledging for a new package that contains a customize-able ship, the player will need to use the Customize button when viewing the pledge in the My Hangar page on the website.
- If a player already owns a customize-able ship, there will be Customize button on the pledge when viewed in the My Hangar interface.
- During the Origin Celebration, there will be links in various places on the Celebration and Free Fly web pages for the ships.
Color Your 'Verse
Once a ship has been acquired or selected from the pledge store, all of the available options to add some color or other touches to the ship will be listed on the right of the window. The options available depend on both the selected component and the model and make of the ship itself. Possible customize-able options include but are not limited to:
- Hull Color
- Cockpit Finish
- Seat Model, Material, & Finish
- Component Packages (Powerplant, Cooler, Weapons, etc)
- Decorations and Flair
There will be certain premium options available, that will cost a bit of extra money should a pilot wish to go the extra space mile with their ship. Metallic paints are also considered to be premium options.
Finalize Your Personalization
After reviewing the options available for your selected ship and choosing the touches that fit best, the Confirm button on the lower right of customizer image will have a quick summary of what you have selected, the total cost (if any), and take you to a page to review everything one last time before applying the options to your ship.
Clicking the Confirm button will take you to a list of all the customization options that have been selected, with their cost (if any). The circular icon to the left of each entry will take you back to that option to re-select should changes need to be made.
As mentioned above, double check that everything that has been selected is correct and what you want! The selections will be permanent once finalized and the pledge and/or premium customizations are paid for.
The total will be shown at the bottom under Sub-Total. If you are customizing a pledge that you already own, the cost of the ship will show as zero instead of the base cost of the pledge. After clicking the Add to Cart button, the payment can be made as normal for any pledge.
Check Current Customizations
After the customizations have been finalized on your ship, you can check the list of exactly which ones were applied through the pledge listing in the My Hangar section of your account on the RSI website.
Locate the appropriate ship entry and then click the Show customization detail option to display the list of all selected options that are applied to the ship.