We are investigating an issue where players may receive the error "Sign in failed. You may have entered the wrong credentials. code:error" when attempting to login via the RSI Launcher. This error may appear even when the username/login ID and password are entered correctly.
To work around this issue, please do the following steps:
- Delete all data from the login ID and password fields in the launcher.
- Manually type in your login ID and password once more to ensure that there was not a typo or other issue when entering the credentials before.
- If the error continues, fully exit the RSI Launcher and ensure the process has been ended in the Windows Task Manager.
- Go to the RSI Website on your web browser.
- Click the Account link in the top right of the page and select Sign Out.
- Close your web browser.
- Open a Private or Incognito browser window.
- Login to the RSI website through the Private/Incognito browser window. Do not close this window!
- Once you have logged into your account via the RSI website, re-open the RSI Launcher.
- Attempt to login via the RSI Launcher again.
If you continue to have login issues after following these steps, clear your cache and cookies within your web browser, complete the Account Recovery process and attempt them once more. Ensure that you are also accepting cookies from the RSI website as well. Should the issue continue, please place a support ticket describing the steps taken and include a screenshot of the RSI Launcher with the error displayed.
Please do not include your password in the ticket. You should never give your password to anyone. RSI Staff members will never ask for your password.