Ship upgrades or Cross Chassis Upgrades (CCUs) allow you to change the ship in your pledge for a higher tiered ship. If the ship you wish to upgrade to is of less or the same value than your current ship, you will not be able to side or downgrade.
Where to find Ship Upgrades
To find possible upgrades for your ship, check the Ship Upgrades tool. Select your ship on the left. You can search or browse. Find the ship you want on the right. Select to see the upgrade availability and cost. If a concept ship is not currently available, you may need to wait until it is made available on the pledge store.
What gets upgraded?
Applying an upgrade will transform your ship into a higher-end ship, while retaining all limited items, access passes and insurance levels contained in your original pledge. This means that the ship you are upgrading to will not inherit the new insurance from the standalone pledge, and will retain the original insurance your package had.
When upgrading to a different ship, you do not inherit perks that ship may have come with if you obtained it as a stand-alone. You keep all of the current perks on your current pledge, just get a new ship!
Pledge for a ship upgrade
To pledge for a ship upgrade.
- Open the Ship Upgrade System.
- Load the ship you want to upgrade from your account list.
- Make sure to select the My Ships checkbox. This will ensure that the upgrade you are pledging for is for your exact ship make and model.
- Select the ship you want to upgrade in the left-side list, the From list.
- Scroll through the list of available upgrades from the right-side list, the To list.
- When you have made your choice, a value for the upgrade will appear at the bottom and allow you to pledge for the upgrade via the checkout system.
- Click Buy Now to complete the upgrade.
- Complete the checkout process, selecting a payment method and finishing the order.
Apply the upgrade
- When the order completes, you can log into your Account.
- Click My Hangar to review your ships.
- Your new upgrade should be at the top of your pledge list. Select the drop down arrow icon, then select Apply Upgrade.
- Select a pledge to upgrade from the list. Click Next.
- You are prompted for a password. After entering your password, the upgrade is now applied to your pledge.
In your My Hangar page the pledge will appear slightly different with information on which upgrades have been applied to your pledge(s).
Ship Upgrade FAQs
I upgraded my ship but did not receive the insurance or items from the standalone ship?
Applying an upgrade only changes the ship in your pledge and not the items surrounding it.
Can I remove an upgrade that I've applied?
Upgrades cannot be removed once applied. This is warned of during the upgrade process. An alternative method is to reclaim the pledge, then buy back the original pledge that was upgraded from. You will in most cases (see note below) receive the original pledge ship back, all upgrades will be stripped, the amount spent will be awarded as store credit. You will not receive the upgrades back. You can use the store credit to buy back the pledge usually.
I upgraded my ship, but I see a different ship in my hangar?
If you have upgraded to a ship that is not flight ready, you will be assigned one or more loaner ships to ensure that you may enjoy the Universe while the selected ship is in production.
As soon as your ship is flight ready, the loaner ship(s) will be removed and the new ship will be waiting in the Universe.
If I upgrade a package or standalone ship that has LTI, will it carry over?
Yes! You will retain the same insurance level that the original pledge had, and only the ship itself changes in the pledge.
When you upgrade your ship or change the CCU, only the ship will update in the pledge. All the original contents (game package, starter credits, etc) attributed to the package remain unchanged. This is noted on the Ship Upgrades page. You cannot exchange the insurance during a ship upgrade.
Currently, all insurance plans for ships cannot be modified, moved, or upgraded. We cannot move or change the insurance on your pledges. We may have options in the future. When you upgrade the ship, it retains the current insurance on the pledge.
What happens if I upgrade to a ship that is on offer with Lifetime Insurance (LTI)?
You will not receive Lifetime Insurance (LTI), as any upgrades retain the exact same insurance level and other perks of the original package it is upgraded from.