You can reclaim any unwanted pledges for store credit, which you can use towards other items on the RSI store. This is also known as “melting”.
The value of the pledge is converted into USD, and is added to your Store Credit Log. If you used a discount code or acquired a pledge during a sale, the pledge is only valued at what you paid.
You can view your Credit Log on the Billing & Subscription page by clicking on the Credit Log button.
You can use your store credit to acquire pledges via our store. You also can specify exactly how much credit you wish to apply to an order by typing in the amount at the checkout stage.
Notes on using Store Credit for purchases:
- Store Credit cannot be applied to Warbond pledges (these are cash only).
- Any pledges bought with store credit are non-giftable.
- You can purchase non-Warbond pledges fully or partially with store credit.
Apply Store Credit to an order
You can use store credits to partially or fully pay for an order. If partially, you will still need to select and complete a payment method for the order.
To apply this store credit to an order:
- Visit the Store.
- Add pledges to your cart.
- Click Checkout and complete the first page. Click Next Step.
- On the Place Order and Pay page, you can apply your store credit by clicking on the Credits & Coupon button
- In the Use Credit box, enter the amount of store credit you want to apply towards the order. The available amount is displayed for you. Click the Apply button
- Should you have any balance left to pay, you will be prompted to select a payment method to select and complete the pledge.
Tax and Store Credit
You will not be charged tax on an order made using store credit. Since store credit is generated from a melted pledge that has already been taxed, the store credit used against an order will not be charged tax.
If you use store credit to partially pay for an order, the remaining cash paid to complete the purchase will still be subject to tax.