You can reclaim any unwanted pledges for store credit, which you can use towards other items on the RSI store. This is also known as “melting”.
The value of the pledge is converted into USD, and is added to your Store Credit Log. If you used a discount code or acquired a pledge during a sale, the pledge is only valued at what you paid.
You can view your Credit Log on the Billing & Subscription page by clicking on the Credit Log button.
You can use your store credit to acquire pledges via our store. You also can specify exactly how much credit you wish to apply to an order by typing in the amount at the checkout stage.
Notes on using Store Credit on the Pledge Store:
- Store Credit cannot be applied to Warbond pledges (these are cash only).
- You can acquire non-Warbond pledges fully or partially with store credit.
- Any pledges made with store credit are non-giftable.
- Physical merchandise cannot be purchased using any amount of store credit.
Apply Store Credit to an order
You can use store credits to partially or fully pay for an order. If partially, you will still need to select and complete a payment method for the order.
To apply this store credit to an order:
- Visit the Store.
- Add pledges to your cart.
- Within your cart, while on Step 1 you should see something similar to this:
- Click on the ADD text to the right of Store Credits on the Cart Summary. This is where you can also add a coupon should you have one to use.
- The Add Store Credit box will appear, with a summary of your current store credit balance and the maximum that can be applied to this order.
- In the Add Store Credit box, enter the amount of store credit you want to apply towards the order. Click the Confirm button.
- Double check that your store credit amount is entered and correct.
You will not be able to add store credit to your order after this step!
- Click the orange Continue button to continue with adding your payment information.
- Should you have any balance left to pay, you will be prompted to select a payment method to select and complete the pledge.
Tax and Store Credit
You will not be charged tax on an order made using store credit. Since store credit is generated from a melted pledge that has already been taxed, the store credit used against an order will not be charged tax.
If you use store credit to partially pay for an order, the remaining cash paid to complete the order will still be subject to tax.
Store Credit and Buy Backs
Store credit can be used to buy back a reclaimed pledge, but only if your account is in possession of a credit buy back token. Tokens are attributed to a backer account every 3 months (90 days), and do not stack. This means that if a token is not used, another will not be attributed to the account.
Tokens are made available to backer accounts early in the following months: