We are tracking an issue where players are encountering error 30009 when attempting to login to the game. Sometimes, this will clear up after enough time has passed but other times players will need to contact RSI Support for assistance with their account.
This issue crops up most often when players logout or crash while inside a ship or in a no-fly zone. For now until we can track down the cause, we recommend avoiding logging out in a ship's bed to limit the chances of this occurring.
If you were playing with a friend before you left the game while on-board a ship and encountered this error, if your ship is still present in game, have your friend destroy your ship.
Should you encounter this issue and the above work around is not possible, attempt the following steps to try to resolve this:
- Enter the Arena Commander game mode.
- Select a Freelancer as your ship.
- Enter the Multiplayer Free Flight mode.
- Once the session has started, exit the pilot seat.
- Lay down in any bed on board.
- Press the Interact key (default is F) and choose Power Off.
- Select Logout to return to the menu.
- Attempt to enter the Universe again.
To address this issue and help us track down the underlying cause:
- Attempt the work around listed above.
- Head to the RSI website.
- Login to your RSI account.
- Report what happened and the steps to reproduce it using this link: STARC-96753
- Wait 15 minutes and attempt to login to the game again.
- If the error persists, head to this article to review what we will need to do to help: Account Reset