With the help of RSI Player Relations, you can close out your account. While we hate to see you go, you are always welcome to come back and rejoin RSI!
To close your account, please contact RSI Player Relations or enter a ticket. You should contact us from the email account associated with your RSI account. If you contact us from a different email account, we may need more information to verify your account.
Or you can keep your account and return to play anytime! If you want to try something different, you can reclaim orders on your account for store credit to buy different ships and options.
Closing your account
Accounts with no completed orders can be deactivated by request. These requests must be made via the registered email address on the RSI account that is being closed.
If there are completed orders on the account, we can still close or shut down the account; however, any pledges or purchases that have been made that exceed the 30 day statutory period, or that have been gifted or delivered, will not be refundable. We will also require ownership verification before we can proceed.
A full account closure includes the following:
- Remove all attributed pledges, this includes rare, limited, and early backer benefits, titles, digital assets, and perks from the account.
- Lock all information on the account. You cannot reuse the Login ID, Handle, or email address for a new account.
- Lock the account from any further access. Any information on the account is strictly for audit and bookkeeping purchases for financial laws and regulations.
Verify your account for inactive email accounts
If you don't have access to the original email account, please provide as much of the following as possible:
- Login ID (used to login to the game/website)
- Last known Email address associated with account
- Date of Birth
- First and last name on the account
- First line of billing address
- Handle ID (displayed to others when logged into the game)
- Some information on your pledges
Important: We will require a photo of an official ID to verify the email and account for closure should the original email account be inaccessible. We can accept a driver's license, passport, etc. We cannot accept Military IDs per government restrictions. Please take a photo of the ID and attach it to the ticket or in your email reply.
Unsubscribe from mailing lists
After your account is closed, you can unsubscribe from our newsletters and mailing lists through any email received from RSI.
- Open an email.
- Scroll to the end of the email. In the footer, click Unsubscribe.
- Follow any steps after to finish.
This will remove you from our mailing lists.