With the help of RSI Player Relations, you can close out your account. While we hate to see you go, you are always welcome to come back and rejoin RSI!
To close your account, please contact RSI Player Relations to enter a ticket. You will need to login to your RSI account on the website and have passed Two-Factor Authentication (2FA), before submitting the ticket.
Or you can keep your account and return to play anytime! If you want to try something different, you can reclaim orders on your account for store credit to buy different ships and options.
Closing your account
Accounts with no completed orders can be deactivated by request. These requests must be made via the registered email address on the RSI account that is being closed.
If there are completed orders present, we can still close or shut down the account; however, any pledges or orders placed more than 30 days in the past or that have been gifted to another player will not be refunded. We will also require ownership verification as noted above (logged in account and passed 2FA) before we can proceed as well as statement from you acknowledging that you understand all contents of your RSI account cannot be recovered once the closure is completed.
A full account closure includes the following:
- Removal of all attributed pledges.
This includes rare, limited, and early backer benefits, titles, digital assets, and perks from the account.
- All account information will be freed up.
Your Handle, Login ID (if set), and email address will be released for use again. This may take a few days to process before they will become available to new accounts once more.
- The RSI Account will be closed from further access.
Any information on the account is strictly for audit and bookkeeping purchases for financial laws and regulations.
Verify your account for inactive email accounts
In the event that you can no longer access both your RSI account and the email address that was associated with it, we will need to get a great deal of information from you to confirm the ownership of the account.
Please be ready to provide as much information about your account as possible to help us verify that the account belongs to you. You should provide as much of the following as possible:
- Login ID (If set to login to the game/website instead of email)
- Last known Email address associated with account
- First and last name on the account
- Date of Birth
- First line of billing address
- Handle ID (the name displayed to other players and on Spectrum)
- Some information on your pledges
- Country and City of origin when creating the account
- Pledge information, with Order ID#'s being the most helpful
Unsubscribe from mailing lists
After your account is closed, you can unsubscribe from our newsletters and mailing lists through any email received from RSI.
- Open an email.
- Scroll to the end of the email. In the footer, click Unsubscribe.
- Follow any steps after to finish.
This will remove you from our mailing lists.