People update their email for a variety of reasons. Don't forget to update your RSI registered email address as well!
Update the Registered Email Account
As long as you still have access to your account settings on the main RSI website, you can update the email address on your account at any time without the need to place a ticket to the Player Relations support team.
If you use Email-based Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to secure your account, you will need to remove the current email 2FA and re-add it with the newly updated email address!
- Login to the relevant RSI account on the main web site.
- Click the ACCOUNT link in the upper left, then the SETTINGS option below the profile image.
- Click on the SECURITY option on the left side of the page. You may be asked to enter your password to proceed.
- Click the edit icon (the hexagonal pencil icon) next to your current email.
- Enter your new email address in the box.
- Confirm the email address.
- Click the SAVE button before leaving to confirm the change.
Whitelist RSI Emails
Now that the email registered on your RSI account is up to date, ensure that our important emails and communication will reach you by adding the email@example.com email address to your contact list. You may also want to manually add that email address to your email provider's whitelist or safe list. How this is done varies from email service to email service, so you will need to contact your email host for assistance if you are unsure how to do this.
NOTE: We have received multiple reports from players that use the free email services of Hotmail or Freenet.de that they are not receiving any account verification, 2FA, recovery, or password reset emails from RSI regardless of whitelist settings. Should this be the case, this is not something that RSI support staff can fix. The only solution is to change your RSI account email to a non-Hotmail or non-freenet.de email address.
I No Longer Have Access to My Registered RSI Email Account!
We can help out by manually changing the email address on your account for you. You may want to first attempt to go to the RSI site and see if you can login and change it yourself. However, if not and an RSI Player Relations Agent has to do this for you, it will require the following:
- A valid, official photo ID such as a driver's license or passport. This ID must match the name of true owner of the account.
- Enough account information and details to both locate your RSI account and identify you as the owner.
As changing the email on an account fundamentally alters who can access it, we cannot assist with changing an email address without a picture of a photo ID of the true account owner or extensive account details to let us confirm account ownership.
Please note that if you opt not to include a photo ID we will have to be significantly more strict with the remaining requested information. Account security is our top priority to protect your personal account information. We do understand that sending such a sensitive document over the Internet is concerning. Rest assured that we will also delete any included photo ID as soon as the ticket is closed.
If you need assistance with updating the email on your RSI account, contact us via a ticket.