The Hangar Module is currently a game mode found in Star Citizen's Alpha Universe that provides you with a private area to view your fleet and display your hangar flair.
What do I need to access the Hangar Module?
To access the Hangar Module, you must have a Roberts Space Industries (RSI) account and a pledge package which includes a ship, a digital download of Star Citizen, and a hangar.
If I only have a stand-alone ship, will I be able to access the Hangar?
Access to the Hangar requires a game package that includes Star Citizen Digital Download. If you've only pledged for a stand-alone ship or stand-alone Squadron 42 pledge, and not a package with game access, you will not be eligible to access the Hangar.
What is the minimal package necessary to access a Hangar?
At this time, there are multiple starter game packages available, such as the Aurora MR Starter Pack package, the Mustang Alpha Starter Pack package, the Reliant Kore SC Starter Packand the Anvil Arrow Starter Pack. We expect more packages to emerge in the future. You can purchase any of the game packages through the RSI Pledge Store.
Where can I find my Hangar?
Players can access the hangar module from the Universe game menu. The type of ship in your game package and standalone ship pledges determine the tiers of hangar available to players. Larger ships tend to have larger hangars. Currently, you will have access to the highest tier hangar included in your pledges and all hangars below that tier.
- Launch Star Citizen.
- Select Universe.
- In the next menu, select a hangar from your available hangar list and click Visit Hangar.
(Currently, players have access to the highest tier of hangar in their pledges, and all tiers below.)
How do I spawn a ship?
- Moving around your Hangar, you'll see small blue nodes in certain places on the ground. Each dot has designated size that informing you of what size ship you can summon at that location.
- Click the node to bring up your mobiGlas and select a ship from your inventory.
- Upon selecting a ship, move aside to allow your ship room to load in.
- Moving back toward your ship, you'll notice more little blue nodes on certain parts of your ship. Click those nodes to modify the weapon, component, or skin loadout for your ship.
What types of Hangars are available?
Hangars come in four tiers:
- Self-Land ( The most basic hangar)
- Revel & York
- VFG Industrial Hangar (built into an Asteroid )
Will I be able to upgrade my hangar to a higher tier?
Yes, hangar upgrades can be pledged for in the Roberts Space Industries store under Extras. Also, if you pledge for a standalone ship with a larger hangar, you will be upgraded to that tier of hangar to support that ship size.
Can friends visit my hangar?
Currently, there is no multiplayer access to the hangar module. Only you can access your hangar and configure ships and flair in it.
How many ships can I store in my hangar?
Each hangar has a limit to how many ships it can house at one time. Certain hangars also have certain limits to how large of ships they can house. The following list shows: the slot size of ships (x how many can be placed).
- Size 1-2 ships (x 3)
- Size 1-2 ship (x 1) + Size 3(x 1) w
- Size 3 ships (x 2)
- Size 4 ship (x 1)
- Size 1 - 2 ships (x 3)
- Size 1 - 2 ships (x 1) + Size 3 (x 1)
- Size 3 ships (x 2)
- Size 4 ship (x 1)
Revel & York:
- Size 1 (x 6) vehicle pads
- Size 1 - 2 ships (x 6)
- Size 1-2 ships (x 3) + Size 3 ships (x 2)
- Size 3 ships (x 4)
- Size 3 ships (x 2) + Size 4 (x 1)
- Size 4 ships (x 2)
- Size 5 -6 ship (x 1)
- Size 1 (x 4) vehicle pads
- Size 1 - 3 ship (x 1)
If we reclaim or gift certain ships, do we lose that hangar?
If you reclaim or gift a ship package containing a hangar, you may lose access to that tier of hangar. However, if you pledge for a standalone hangar upgrade from the RSI store, you will have access to that tier of hangar regardless of which ships you own, or changes in the game.
Where will my hangar be located in the ‘verse?
When the full version of Star Citizen releases, your hangar will be physically located at a particular starting location of your choice. Currently, hangars exist in a private instance, only accessible to you.