In the event that a detrimental bug has occurred that has affected your in-game avatar (i.e. your character model and your character specifically), you are able to repair your character to refresh all of the data associated with it within our systems. There are a few things that need to be kept in mind before going ahead with this...
This is a last resort step and we encourage players to avoid using this option. This process cannot be halted or reversed once it has been started. A number of updates and fixes are constantly being planned for upcoming patches to address issues that might cause problems with a player's in-game avatar.
Players should attempt to resolve the issues using workarounds if possible and report the issues and any fixes they've found on the Issue Council. Reporting such detrimental problems on the Issue Council will help us track down the root cause for these very annoying issues and start working towards getting them sorted out without the need for such measures as this.
We are testing Long Term Persistence (LTP) which means, assuming everything works, certain aspects of your account and character will not be affected by using this option. While this process will not completely set your character data back to a default state, it may help with solving some more troublesome bugs, like a missing mobiGlas. However as LTP is still being tested some unforeseen issues might arise that a repair will not sort out. Any issues encountered with LTP should be reported via the Issue Council.
When do I need a character repair?
Many of the following issues will require a repair to get a character back into a playable state:
- Some instances of the 30009 error or encountering an infinite loading screen.
- Your mobiGlas has gone missing or is not functioning at all.
- Your character cannot interact with anything (such as doors, terminals, and ships).
- Your character has become stuck somewhere, such as inside terrain or objects.
The following issues cannot be resolved or reset by using the repair tool:
- Any issues or bugs with ships or vehicles, such as duplicate ships.
- Crime stats and reputation.
- Lost cargo, due to a bug or other reasons.
What effects will this have?
Once a character repair has been performed, the following will happen:
- You will be sent to your spawn point.
- Items that were previously equipped at the time of repair will be unequipped and sent to your inventory.
- All equipment and items that were missing at the time of repair will remain lost.
- This includes personal equipment and items from pledges.
- aUEC, reputation, ships, vehicles, and equipment will be unaffected.
This will not reset Long Term Persistence for your character or account. RSI Support Agents cannot recover items lost through the use of this tool.
If an item granted by a pledge has been lost, it is not permanently gone and will return whenever there is next a server database reset. Our teams are examining options for recovery of such pledge items outside of those circumstances.
What steps should I take if I need to have my character repaired?
In the event that your character has gotten into a state that will require a character avatar data wipe, follow these steps closely so that we can assist as quickly as possible:
- Attempt any known workarounds for your issue to see if it can be resolved without this repair tool.
- Head to the RSI website.
- Login to your account.
- Report your problem and steps to reproduce it on the Issue Council, adding to a previous report if there has been one reported before.
- Go to Account > Settings > Character Repair and follow the directions there.
If the issue that required a character repair has not been resolved after several hours, please head to the Issue Council and file a report there to help us gather data about the problem.