If you have been invited to the Public Test Universe (PTU), you can install the PTU Launcher and game. These are different and separate than the current LIVE Launcher and game. When installed, they will create a PTU folder for each.
For more information on PTU, see the Public Test Universe (PTU) FAQ.
Install and join the PTU
The following steps have been best for downloading, installing, and logging in:
- Visit the RSI website and click Account. Login with your Login ID and password. Click Settings to open your account.
- Click the Public Test Universe tab.
- Click Copy your account to the PTU. Following this step, you should receive an email with your PTU-specific password.
Be patient: It can take some time for the email to arrive from email@example.com with the subject "RSI Test Account Copied to Public Test Universe". The servers are handling a high number of requests.
- Download the PTU Launcher: https://install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0-ptu.33.exe
This will create a specific PTU folder in the Roberts Space Industries folder for the Launcher and Game.
- Launch the installer exe and follow the instructions on screen. A separate installation is created in an RSI PTU Launcher folder.
- Log in to the PTU RSI Launcher using your Login ID and the PTU-specific password received in the email.
- Make sure the “Live” channel is selected under the Star Citizen logo and download the latest build.
Access and logins
The PTU uses your Login ID and a special password we send via email after copying your account over. You can change your password anytime:
- Visit the PTU site.
- Click Account and login with your Login ID and the special PTU password (from the email).
- Change the password through the account area.
Helpful note: Don't use the same password on PTU and Live! Sometimes weird things happen.
If you get locked out or forget your password, use the Account Recovery through the PTU site.
More info on the current PTU
You can also check in our PTU forum for possible issues and solutions discussed by other players. You can also post there for additional support from the community and staff.