CIG games including Star Citizen and Squadron 42 have the following minimum requirements. We strongly recommend having a system with these minimums to effectively install, load, and play the games.
- Windows 8 (64bit), Windows 10 - Anniversary Update (64bit)
- DirectX 11 Graphics Card with 2GB RAM (4GB strongly recommended)
- Quad Core CPU
- 16GB+ RAM
- SSD strongly recommended
We also recommend the following:
- Drive should be NTFS formatted with at least 60 GB for the RSI Launcher and Star Citizen for install and at least 10GB (SSD) - 20GB (HDD) additional space for the pagefile
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.5.2
- Ports opens for TCP 8000 - 8020 and UDP 64090 - 64110
We do not currently support Linux or macOS Operating Systems. Be sure to check our Development Roadmap to follow our feature development progress.
Review your System Information
To look over your exact system specs, you can open DXDiag or System Information.
- For DXDiag, press the Windows key + R.
- Type "dxdiag" into the run prompt and click OK. A program opens with info on your system.
- To save the content as a file, click Save all information and save the file to an easily accessible place, eg. your desktop.
- For System Information, right-click on your Windows button.
- Select Search and enter System Information. Open the application listed.
- Expand sections to review the information on your system. The following example shows graphic card info.
Seeking hardware advice?
Looking for advice? We highly recommend researching posts and starting discussions in the Hardware Spectrum forum. Our community members can provide insights on the best options and configurations for your system and upgrades as needed. Members may ask for your system specs, which you can post from your DXDiag.