In the event that an extremely detrimental bug has occurred that has either greatly or completely hindered a player's ability to participate in the Star Citizen Alpha Testing phase, you are able to reset your account to refresh all of the data associated with it within our systems.
This is a last resort step, and we encourage players to attempt to resolve the issues using workarounds if possible and report both the issues and any fixes they've found on the Issue Council. Reporting such detrimental problems on the Issue Council will help us track down the root cause for these very annoying issues and start working towards getting them sorted out without the need for such drastic measures as a complete data wipe of an account.
What effects will this have?
Once an account reset has been performed, the following will happen:
- All aUEC that has been earned in-game will be lost.
- Any ships, equipment, and other items purchased in-game with aUEC will be lost.
- Mission and quest progress in-game will be wiped.
- Your spawn point will be reset.
- You will need to re-customize your character.
- Your starting aUEC will be reset to its default value.
- All ships, vehicles, and equipment will be reset to their default state, based on what is showing in your hangar page on the website.
This process cannot be reversed once it has been completed.
When do I need an account reset?
Many of the following issues will require a reset to get an account back into a playable state:
- Receiving the 30009 error or encountering an infinite loading screen.
- Your mobiGlas has gone missing or is not functioning at all.
- Your character cannot interact with anything (such as doors, terminals, and ships).
- All of your ships have become unflyable (missing components, failed to spawn, can't file claims for lost vessels, duplicate ships, etc.)
- UEC purchased through the pledge store has not attributed to your account in game. (If you are able to play despite missing this, we encourage you to do so.)
The following are NOT valid reasons to request an account reset.
- Resetting your crime rating or reputations.
- Recovering aUEC invested into cargo that has been lost for some reason.
What steps should I take if I need to have my account reset?
In the event that your account has gotten into a state that will require a data wipe, follow these steps closely so that we can assist as quickly as possible:
- Attempt any known workarounds for your issue to see if it can be resolved without totally negating all the hard work you may have done in game up to this point.
- Head to the RSI website.
- Login to your account.
- Report your problem and steps to reproduce it on the Issue Council, adding to a previous report if there has been one reported before.
- Go to 'My Hanger' > Settings > Character Reset and follow the directions there.
If your account is not reset within an hour please follow the directions below.
- Submit a ticket with the following details:
- Select Gameplay Issues and then the Account Reset option as your reason for contact. This will not appear if you have not properly logged in to your account.
- Enter "Account Reset -" followed by a short description of your problem as the subject.
- Clearly describe the issue you have encountered in the main body of the ticket.
- Acknowledge that you understand what effects a reset will have on your account.
If you are not logged into a valid RSI account when submitting your ticket, we will not be able to assist.
Resets are not done immediately and will take some time to process. Please be patient after submitting your request. Someone will contact you once the reset has been completed.